Monday, August 26, 2013

My First Post

Hi everyone and welcome to my training blog. I've been getting tons of questions from people on Facebook after I made the top 5 in the Masters Nationals last month. I guess people finally realized, hey, I do know a little something about training, diet and competing. So for those of you that have no clue who I am, and you shouldn't really unless you follow NPC Bodybuilding, I've been into the training, eating right and taking care of my body for the past 25 plus years. I'm just about 52 years old. I've got 2 more weeks to go and I might add I'm pretty much in the best shape of my life. I've seen fad diets come and go, I've seen bodybuilders grow by leaps and bounds. So I guess I'm just trying to say, I've been around.

I started competing in 1995 as a lightwewight, slowly worked my way up to the middleweight class not knowing at the time it was one of the most competitive classes in the NPC. Anyway I was never quite on target with my timing as I always placed in the top 5 but never (until recently) could win the class. I competed until 2000, that is the year my wife and I won the Mixed Pairs class. We had both had enough of the politics and dieting so we retired, or so we thought anyway. Almost 2 years ago in October 2011 my wife and I were introduced to a company named ViSalus. At first we mainly were just trying to help someone out and knowing I would spend money on those types of products anyway made it a easy decision to get involved. We did nothing with the business but drink the shakes and take the other products.  One day I noticed that my abs were showing, which at that point they were pretty much noexistent and just being overjoyed. It had been almost 12 years since I think I saw them last. That's right I had allowed myself to be just like everyone else and was fat and out of shape.  But seeing my abs just even a bit was enough for me to take ViSalus seriously. I was now on a mission to get back into my contest shape and compete. Since then I have placed 2nd, won 2 National Qualifiers, 1 class and the other overall and I placed in the top 5 at the Masters Nationals this year. That in itself is an accomplishment, those that have competed at that level, know what I'm talking about.  So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. So whats your story?

This blog is for all those that are always asking questions about different exercises and what works what muscle. I will be using others videos as i just don't have the time to make my own, although you will see some but I will use others videos as long as i think they pass my judgement. I love comments, lets me interact a bit with people, which I like so please leave a comment. I can take constructive critisism but please be cordial about it.  I will say this because I want it to be perfectly clear that I am a Vislaus Distributor. I am not trying to mislead anyone. Just saw a need to educate and help some people get healthy on their own, without having to hire me or any other trainer.  Now that that is out of the way. Let's get cranking. I post some vids shortly. I have some older things of myself training. As I see the need I will have my wife file and I will demonstrate the exercise. 
If anyone is interested in ViSalus information, you can find it here http://stevemedina.myvi.net

No comments:

Post a Comment